Thursday, May 7, 2015

Storm Peaks - SKOLL!

Server: Neltharion

Skoll
(Updated May 7 2015)

Timer:
18 Hours after tamed/ dwarf killed

Things you should know:
- Skoll spawns on three spots given on wow-head.com

- Skoll shares a timer with a dwarf that spawns in front of a cave on his first spot 
(pic coming soon)
- There is an 8% chance that Skoll will spawn in 18 hours after his mob, the dwarf, is killed. There is a 92% chance of the dwarf spawning instead. 
- Camping for Skoll can take up to weeks (even months!) so you gotta be extra patient!
(pic coming soon)

Tactics:
If you want Skoll badly, first thing ya gotta do it to always avoid competition.
Well, best thing to do is to get rid of them like I always do ;).

- Get two trust-worthy friends to stand on the second and third spot while you stand on the first
(best to get a rogue or druid because they can camo/hide on the spot)
- While waiting for the dwarf to spawn, stay hidden near the spot he will spawn (if you are a night elf, stealthing will be easier for you as you have the racial to stay hidden without pressing the camoflauge button every minute)
- Don't tell anyone you don't trust with the timer! (until after you tame Skoll ofc)

Optional:
- Get a friend (who already has Skoll) to cache rivalry huntards who are camping for your Skoll!
- Invite and ask friends on both factions (horde and ally) to help and support your taming of Skoll
- Get fully geared friends to help.. it'll be easier to get rid of your competition with other huntards
- It is best to be in a level 21+ guild because if Skoll spawns on one of the other two spots your friends are on, they can summon you! Flying over to the spot will just waste time and reduce the chance that you will get Skoll if there are other hunters flying back and forth from Skoll's spots


Story Time!!!
How I tamed my Skoll =)

Aight people! Here's my story on how I tamed my beautiful Skoll with the help of a rogue friend and a druid friend of mine.

There were many hunters who knew the timer such as the three horde hunters (one geared, one half geared, the other is a 100k noob) and two alliance hunters who just happened to be the same person on different accounts. I was standing on Bor's Breath (second spot on map) with one of the two alliance huntards, the half geared hordie, and the 100k noob. My druid friend was on the first spot while my rogue friend was on the third spot. I managed to kill both of the hordies (2 v 1) and flew up in air with my mount. A few minutes after the designated time, my druid friend screamed on party chat saying that Skoll spawned where she was. So I flew over as fast as I could and there was Skoll—standing still and proud, waiting to be tamed.



I dismounted and hurridly casted Tame Beast as I was shivering with anxiousness and excitment. Suddenly the noob hunter teleported-hacked in front of me and tried to tame my Skoll. And right behind him was the half geared hordie. He tried killing Skoll while I was taming and I was frightened for Skoll's death. My druid friend was quick thinking and cycloned the nab and violá, Skoll became mine <3.





A few seconds after I tamed the rare Skoll, my druid friend and I killed the noob and half-geared hunter. While I was cheering for my lovely new pet, the geared hunter suddenly swooped down and attacked me with his ghostcrawler. My friend wanted to attack but I told her not to and I /hugged and /kissed my Skoll while the hunter was slowly lowering my health to 0.

After taking a few screenshots with my pet, I later realized that one of the two alliance huntards and the geared hunter was waiting along with my druid friend for Skoll. And when Skoll spawned, things grown ugly. The geared hunter started taming first but then the alliance huntard started to attack him and they both died during the fight which was the same time when I was taming my Skoll.

What a pity and achievement.. tamed Skoll in front of three hordes and two (one?) alliance hunter! I nearly lost Skoll thanks to that annoying piece of half geared huntard (he is one of my enemies) and I was glad that I was lucky enough to tame this magnificent beast.

Aight people, you're probrably wondering why I was camping at Bor's Breath and not at the dwarf spot (first spot)— It's because five dwarfs before I tamed Skoll, my friend, the druid, tamed Skoll on Bor's Breath. What a coincidence that my druid was camping there and I summoned her over to tame Skoll! And the funny thing was that those three hordes were there to witness my friend tame Skoll too xD.

The power of friendship and trust is true :p This is why you should gather some friends like me to help you with camping x)

Good luck, fellow hunters =) May the odds be ever in your favor!

<Sorry for the long ass blog +_+>

No comments:

Post a Comment